Monday, August 18, 2014

Fender Stratocaster Mystic Blue w/ Moses Graphite Neck

This build is finally coming to an end with the last post being the Moses Graphite Neck preparations.
If you want to read the other posts here they are in order:

Project "Mystic Blue Strat": Step 1 - The Body
Project "Mystic Blue Strat": Step 2 - The Pickups
Project "Mystic Blue Strat": Step 3 - The Neck - T...
Project "Mystic Blue Strat": Step 4 - The Pickups ...
Project "Mystic Blue Strat": Step 5 - Moses Graphi...

I left off in my last post with putting the brass inserts into the neck. That went 'decently' well actually. (just a few tool marks on the back end of the neck, but that would be inside the neckpocket).
Next I had to get the neck on the body. As I started to put the bolts on they all lined up perfectly.. except for 1! "Oh No!" I thought to myself - I just ruined my awesome neck! :(

After taking it apart again and peering through the body screw hole I noticed it was off by just a hair though (must've had the screw to mark the hole at an angle ever so slightly). I also noticed that the hole through the body was extremely tight for these bolts. So I came up with a simple solution: I ran a screwdriver through the hole which cleaned it up just enough so it would line up. I then made sure that bolt went it first and grabbed, after which the rest went in nice and tight.

I tried to capture how the guitar looks, but it's really hard to get a proper picture of the Mystic Blue. It is VERY striking in person.









And all done!


I haven't yet plugged it in, but even acoustically the guitar plays wonderfully and feels great. The neck almost feels more like a 'super flat D-shape' to me, which I think feels amazing. I definitely recommend these Moses Graphite necks!

No comments:

Post a Comment