Saturday, January 1, 2011

Introduction to Steve's Gear & Music Blog

Hello Everyone, I'm starting a Gear & Music blog. Not so much because I have a lot to say , or that I have songs I want the world to hear, but because I'd like to keep track of things for personal use, like what instruments I've had over the years etc. - Call me nostalgic. While I 'play' (as in 'can noodle a little bit on') Guitar, Bass & Keys, I don't really play much at all anymore because of general lack of time / being busy with life. I also have no desire to 'make it big' in music, or even play in a local band (I already lack the time to consistently practice) but I still enjoy making music once in a while as a typical 'bedroom-musician' if you will.

For a bed-room musician I have a decent amount of gear I've amassed over the years - Currently I'm holding on to:

  • Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
  • Ibanez Jem 10th Anniversary
  • Fender Standard Telecaster (MIM) - Wine Red
  • Fender American Deluxe( HSS) FSR - "None More Black"
  • Dean Bass "Edge09" E09-CBK
  • Yamaha MO8 Synthesizer
  • Fender Princeton 112 Amp
  • Hughes & Kettner Tri-Amp

And of course a miscellaneous batch of other gear & effects

I plan on writing separate entries for my most interesting instruments / pieces of gear and then possibly also address any mods to them in separate posts. Obviously if new developments happen (new instruments / changes etc) I'll make new entries for those as well. Though it's now actually June 23rd 2011,  I'm backdating this to January 2011, but some posts will have actually taken place before then etc, but I figured this way I wouldn't have to remember the EXACT dates etc, but just general chronological order.

No comments:

Post a Comment