Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guitar Amplifier TimeLine

 Generic 20 Watt Solid-State with Reverb [Gone]
My first Amplifier was bought secondhand in combination with a Black Fender Squier guitar. It was your basic 2 channel model with a reverb with I believe a 10" Speaker. I don't even remember the brand name or model. It sounded like your basic Solid-State amp..but hey it was my first so lots of fond memories.

Fender Princeton 112 Plus
A Solid State Fender Amp I got at the same time as a MIM Stratocaster. This little amp was 65 Watts, had reverb and the clean actually sounded pretty good for a Solid-State Amp. Overdrive... not so much. I've had this amp for over a decade now and was my main amp for a long time. Together with a Tube screamer pedal this is quite a combo and can deliver a fair amount of decibel. The only annoyance is that when turning it off there tends to be an INCREDIBLY loud pop and buzz sound. Something I'll have to fix one of these day.


Marshall MG Series Combo Amp [Gone]
For a while I had Marshall 'MG' Series which at the time had just replaced the 'ValveState' lineup of combo amps. I'm not quite sure what the model was , but if I recall correctly I think it was a G50RCD
For a Solid-State Amp it actually had a decent overdrive sound, clean was sort of 'anemic' though, but when all you have available is one solid-state combo it's pretty decent.


Hughes & Kettner Triamp
To me this amp had been the holy grail I dreamed about for a LONG time. The Mrs. was feeling generous one holiday season and since she wanted me to stop talking about this amp she decided to shut me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment