Thursday, September 1, 2011

Where's the Maalox? MORE 'Gas'

Ok so I can't help browsing around the web and seeing MORE and MORE guitars where I Think to myself: Hmm it sure would be nice if I had that one...

New on the list (on top of the ones listed in my previous post)

American Telecaster with Rosewood Fretboard
Now i'm not sure if I'd go HighwayOne or all American but since I have 2 telecaster with maple I sorta figured a rosewood neck would round things out (also I'd keep the standard pickups in this since my other two already have humbuckers of some sort (2 full humbuckers and a mini+stacked)
Color wise I'd probably go with a traditional burst which looks pretty decent on a tele with rosewood


American Stratocaster with Rosewood Fretboard

Yes I know I know.. I 'hate' rosewood.. and at first I thought it only looked good on a white guitar. But then I ran into a Sienna Burst and I REALLY like this color scheme and how it shows the wood grain. I have pretty much decided that if I am ready to buy a Strat with Rosewood - This will be the one.

Blacktop Stratocaster HH
Yes it's a MIM, but I am REALLY enjoying my BlackTop Telecaster. It sounds great on my tube amp giving it some really classic humbucker sounds (vs for instance the Humbucker in my None-More-Black or my Jem)
Also I've never owned a 2 Humbucker Stratocaster so it would be an interesting addition. For this guitar I already know exactly what it has to look like: Black with Maple!






Another Project / Partscaster
As I mentioned in my last Project Black Strat Post I actually am sort of itching to build another similar one but keep whatever the original neck is, and put in some DiMarzio Injector Pickups or similar for a 'hotter' build..


No comments:

Post a Comment