Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Project "Black Strat" : Step 3 - Other Parts

While waiting I decided to take care of the other needed components. I always like supporting local vendors if possible (though sales taxes etc are a pain) but Warmoth has treated me very well in the past and I knew they made great pickguards from past experience. I went through the site and ordered a 0.09" Black Matte Beveled 11-Hole Stratocaster Pickguard (3 single coils) and ALSO a tremolo cover from the same material, including a dozen black pickguard screws. This does leave the back trem cover to use the 'normal' chrome screws, but I think that will actually be a nice little hint of chrome in the all black back end of the guitar.




Lastly I'd need a Genuine Fender Blackout Accessoiry Kit to swap out all the knobs & switch tips etc and a neck plate of sorts. Fender Part Number: 0991363000. I had used the "70s" style neckplate on my Tele which has the Big Fender 'F' on the back and I really liked that one so why not put the same one of this Strat. Fender Part Number: 0991448100. I know I could've gotten 'allparts' or some other brand cheaper, but I want to keep as much as possible real 'Fender' (All-Parts Necks are in essence "Fender Japan" so I really like those). The pickguard was simply not a Fender option hence why I went through Warmoth on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment